My passion is rhythm. To me, it doesn't matter if it happens acoustically or electronically, but beats have always got me going. Although I now play everything from pop to electronica, I started out with a classical background, at Trinity College of Music, before finding my way through jazz, latin, rock and pop to what I do today - a fusion of live and electronic music influenced by all the music I've discovered on my way. My passion is blurring the lines between pre recorded music and entirely spontaneous improvisation; between electronic and acoustic. Sometimes I DJ, sometimes I'm playing my drums, sometimes both together. To me, it doesn't matter - I just want to make people dance. Between these various disguises, I've been able to play with Rihanna, Ricky Martin, The Black Eyed Peas, Girls Aloud's Nicola Roberts, Kelly Rowland, Wyclef Jean, Luke Slater, Amy Winehouse, Billy Bragg and Reverend & The Makers. I've been on stage in the West End and beyond with Tap Dogs, and as a DJ I've played at both London and Paris fashion weeks, the Tate Modern and Britain, Elle Style Awards, Casmopolitan magazine awards, Somerset House, Cartier, Mercedes, Landrover, HTC, Apple, The Four Seasons Hotels, Hard Rock Hotels, Christie's, Chinawhites, Bunglalow 8, Mahiki clubs and for the Royal Families of Britain, Jordan and India. For any bookings or enquiries please email me direct @ lyndsayevans@hotmail.com

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Phantom Music Video

When looking for something completely different, I came across this from last year - the music video from my old band, Phantom; for the single 'Great Pretender' out on Parallax Sounds. There were lots of things I loved about playing in this band - from the quietly attentive gothic fans. to the cat the size of a pig at band practice, the amount of eyeliner... and of course not content with 'just' playing drums at the back I played a 4 piece Manu Katche Yamaha kit standing up and a Nord Electro 2 keyboard at the same time (to stop myself from getting bored in the bits with not much drumming).

The shoot for the video (which I think is fantastic, thanks to Art.War) was another matter - vanity had seduced me into wearing a very lovely, but backlass, sleeveless and short dress as I was unaware we would be shooting the whole thing outside at 2 in the morning in the freezing cold urban landscape of Bow, East London.


My 'big' scene was the bit where I'm standing in the middle of the street playing the drums as the car drives by - several takes had to be done from several angles that meant leaving me to stand alone with my drums in the middle of a deserted street until I heard 'action' in which case at least I could at least play and keep warm. Whilst standing there mid-take, at around midnight a gang of what I believe they call 'hoodies' decided this was most curious and would come and take a look. Unfortunately this wasn't exactly welcomed by me as I just wanted to get on with the shoot and get into the main trailer down the street to keep warm with the rest of the crew. I wasn't interested in the guys who were by now trying to play and knocking my beloved drums over.... anyway basically it ended with a lot of shouting, me threatening to punch the gang leader and them apologising.

And where was the (all male) camera crew at this point? Running for their lives into the trailer to hide, the chickens!

Cheers, guys...

No comments:

Post a Comment